When should I notify privacy@?
All changes which may require an update in our terms or other privacy related documentation need to be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org. In best case, with some time between announcement and change.
- adding a new service, like webhost server company
- removing a service, which may not be any longer in the terms
- changes to logfiles, in example when IP addresses are logged (which werent’t before)
- moving data with PI to other services like a managed service
- a new domain was registered, transferred or removed
Other notifications may be sent when:
- another office or committee requests user data from infra, which they may not access (like running analytics on diversification with a 3rd party)
- a security issue happened and user addresses and password have been stolen (data leaks in general)
No notification is required when:
- new VMs are started or reorganized with companies which we already have an DPA for
- data is migrated from an outdated database version to a new version
- a CDN is setup with a company which we already have a DPA for and which is already mentioned in the terms
- a new project subdomain was created or removed
- a new user account was created or removed